Thursday 15 December 2016

A Festive Evening Out


A hugely entertaining couple of hours yesterday evening hosted by St. Mary's Priory Church in Monmouth - "A Thousand Years Of Christmas", songs and readings performed by the soprano Sally Bradshaw and Rowan Williams, the former Archbishop of Canterbury and an outstanding poet. Richard Burton apart, I have not heard anyone read Dylan Thomas's prose so well - his Conversation About Christmas and Ghost Story had to be my favourite parts of the evening. Although I must say that "Christmas Cards" by Keith Watkyn amused me no end too - if you're struggling with writing the interminable annual updates to people you haven't seen for years (some of whom you haven't minded not seeing for years!) and could do with a break, do look it up, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment