Friday 8 November 2013

A breath of fresh air

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/ff/Wales_coast_path_logo.JPG/220px-Wales_coast_path_logo.JPGI've just come back from a week walking the Wales Coastal Path, a venture we started a year or so ago and of which we've now completed about 95 miles - which only leaves us another 775 to go! Given the very dicey weather, we managed not to get too soaked and to avoid getting blown off the cliff tops. Last Saturday afternoon the sea at Porthcawl had to be seen to be believed.

Nothing like striding out in the fresh air to clear the mind of everyday minutiae and to enable you to think constructively. I got very little writing done during the week but a lot of planning, most of it on the hoof. Much of the stretch we walked I had known in my youth - a very different existence! - and all sorts of recollections with writing potential came flooding back.

This month I've got to concentrate on the commitment I made for NaNoWriMo (and I've managed one of the four articles so far) but I'm squirrelling away a number of new ideas for use as and when opportunities arise later. As ever, we've come back with endless photographs and notes - I've learned from experience though that these need transcribing ASAP as jottings hastily scrawled in a damp note book as you're slogging up a cliff on a muddy, slippery footpath are virtually indecipherable a week or so later!.

1 comment: