Friday 31 August 2018

Previews of things to come



On September 6th the Wye Valley Writers will be launching their new anthology at the Chepstow Library and Hub, but we had a preview of its very varied contents on "The Writer's Room" on NHSound yesterday. Four of the group's members came along to talk about their writing, about the support a group can offer, about the stories behind their work. If you didn't catch the programme, do try to get to the launch evening (7pm with light refreshments and an open mic opportunity) - it'll be well worth going.

Karel Dewey and Angela Platt

Zina Pearce-Tomenius

























This is the first year for many that I haven't been involved with the Gloucestershire Writers Network competition; my congratulations to the recently announced winners and runners-up, who will of course be reading at the Cheltenham Literature Festival in a few weeks time. I'm delighted to be reading at another event on the Festival, in the Holst Museum on Saturday October 6th, celebrating the composer's Planet Suite. I'm in very august company - with poets including Adam Horowitz, David Clarke and Anna Saunders - so I'm looking forward to it enormously. Tickets for the festival are on sale now. As always, there's a fantastic programme covering all aspects of literature - if only I had unlimited time and money, I know where I'd be spending ten days in October ...


No comments:

Post a Comment