Sunday 1 December 2013

Let Us Be Merry!

Well, November and NaNoWriMo are safely done with - and yes, I did manage my very modest contribution of four articles for Digging Up The Family. December has started very hectically. Yesterday I was interviewed on Write Out Loud on Corinium Radio about the poem with which I'd won the Gloucestershire Writers Network competition at the Cheltenham Literature Festival, this morning saw the broadcast of my own programme "Cirencester's Own Poetry Please" and this afternoon I've been at a rehearsal for the Charlton Kings Community Players concert "Let Us Be Merry" being staged on Wednesday.

"Let Us Be Merry" is an annual feature in the village and always great fun to be in. Last year I wrote and performed a short story entitled "Waiting" about the Russian Orthodox Christmas; this year I'm afraid that time and life got the better of me despite my good intentions to write my own material again and I'm reading instead the Charles Causley poem "Ballad Of The Breadman". If it's not one you know, do look it up - a very modern, thought-provoking take on the age old story.

No comments:

Post a Comment