Tuesday 31 December 2013

Clearing the decks!

New Year's Eve. I looked around the study this morning and despaired at the number of folders, notebooks etc. with scribbles of this and that, photos I always meant to use, half-written poems and unfinished stories. All still there though so haphazardly filed (well - abandoned!) it would take a month of Sundays to locate any one item should I need to.

But taking a fresh look at things begun months, if not years, ago has resurrected my interest in some of the projects; others have the potential for a bit of recycling at least (prose that could mutate into verse etc). So it's been a morning for clearing the decks, sorting and putting in order. Needless to say things always look worse before they get better and I'm still knee deep in piles of paper, but by tomorrow I'm hoping January will start with a tidy study and well catalogued folders to spur on the writing year!

A long abandoned child's bike photographed last summer
- there has to be a story in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment