Wednesday 20 November 2013

Behind schedule ....

Evangeline and Grace
I came across a quote earlier today that really struck a chord - "If you can't get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance" (George Bernard Shaw). With the number of indiscretions, irregularities etc. in our family closet I could have a whole ballroom of waltzing skeletons! A plethora of material there to write about.

But now mild panic has set in as I realise the date - November 20th, two thirds of the way through NaNoWriMo - and here I am only half way through my pledged task of four completed Digging Up The Family articles in the month. How folks are getting on slogging through their 50,000 word novels I can't begin to imagine, when the prospect of failing to complete even 8,000 words looms here .....

But I'm not opting out - for a start, these two girls have stories well worth telling, to say nothing of their brother. So a few things (well, housework definitely!) are going to have to go on the back burner for the next ten days as I plough on regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment