Monday 21 October 2013

A Different Undertaking for NaNoWriMo

Lots of talk about just now concerning NaNoWriMo. I know that I could never sustain the narrative for a novel and putting aside such a concentrated chunk of time as it would demand is beyond me in my present circumstances anyway; however the idea of a limited period of time focussing on one particular writing project certainly appeals to me.

I got into the writing game initially because I wanted to put together a family history. That plan somehow went on the back burner pretty rapidly though, overtaken by branching out into short stories and poetry. But the desire to pursue it has never really gone away and now seems the ideal time to resurrect it. The forthcoming issue of Vintage Script will have the third in my series on "Digging Up The Family" in it (on the 1918 influenza pandemic). So here's to having at least four more articles completed between Nov. 1st and 30th!


What skeletons in the cupboard ...?!

No comments:

Post a Comment