Monday 17 July 2017

Words, words and more words ...

At the moment I feel I'm drowning under a deluge of proof-reading! I'm still working my way through the copy edit of "Digging Up The Family" and at the weekend an anthology to which I'm contributing arrived in my in-box too. So there's little progress being made with any new work just now.

But by way of diversion I've had two interesting evenings out. On Thursday I was at a fascinating talk in Monmouth by Bella Bathurst, the author of Stories of Hearing Lost and Found, in which she describes her personal journey from hearing to deafness and back again. If you haven't read the book, I can highly recommend it; it gives tremendous insight into the realities of living with so common an impairment. And yesterday evening I was at Buzzwords here in Cheltenham for a workshop and readings by the poets Anna Saunders and John Row - very different styles and approaches, but both stimulating and enjoyable.

But now it's back to the proofs ...

No comments:

Post a Comment