Wednesday 22 July 2015

Poems and prose

Very exciting - copies of my poetry pamphlet, "Bones of an Older Landscape", have just arrived from the printers; I'm really pleased with them. They are very nicely produced and make all the effort that went into the poems feel worthwhile!


But over the past week it has been prose rather than poetry which has occupied most of my writing time. I spent a fascinating day in Newport reference library, following up on the additional research I'd identified as necessary for the next section of the family history write-up. So much material of interest there - it was a real effort to discipline myself to stick solely to the matter in hand! And then it was on to the completion of two short stories which had been a long time in gestation - a relief to get them both safely delivered and launched into the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment