Monday 7 August 2023

Challenging times

Yet more radio silence, I'm afraid - another difficult few months with illness, a family death and one or two other traumas. I should be away now at the Eisteddfod but fate stepped in yet again with another bout of Covid, so I'm currently confined to quarters. I'm sincerely hoping this is going to be the last in the series of calamities though, and that life gets back on as even a keel as possible very soon.

There always have to be some positives though and the last couple of months have seen some publishing success, a "Highly Commended" for a poem in the Cheltenham Literature Festival GWN competition and an interesting (if completely knackering!) weekend course at Ty Newydd. As a Welsh learner I had read several books by Bethan Gwenas (below, with the author and broadcaster Sion Tomos Owen), but it was great to have her as a creative writing tutor. I do find writing in a language is a really useful way to learn and really embed it - though I'm pretty sure that at this stage none of my resulting attempts in Welsh would get a "highly commended" anywhere!



No comments:

Post a Comment