Sunday 21 August 2022

Writing to Heal



A big thank you to everyone who made last weekend such a good experience at Ty Newydd. Writing to Heal - a big task in a short weekend, but one that Damian Gorman and Patrick Jones handled sensitively and effectively, and made fun too for the eleven of us there. And, once again, great weather for the weekend - good enough to swim in the sea, walk by the river, sit out in the garden. I can't believe that I'll be so lucky again on another visit next month.

Over the years Ty Newydd has become very special to me. The courses I've attended there, the people I've met, the opportunities that the peaceful but stimulating atmosphere of the house has afforded - they've all contributed so much to my writing. As did all residential centres, Ty Newydd suffered in the pandemic but is now firmly back on its feet. It's a real privilege to spend time there.


No comments:

Post a Comment