Sunday 17 January 2021

In the right direction


Out walking the dog early this morning I came across the first snowdrops I've seen this year, and lots of daffodils not far from opening. Last week I saw some early lambs in the fields. The first signs of spring always raise my spirits tremendously but this year doubly so. We may have a fair bit of winter still to go before temperatures rise and the sun makes a concerted effort, but just to know that we're moving in the right direction now cheers the days along no end.

It's been an interesting week with two great workshops alongside the wonderful poets Ben Ray and Anna Saunders. Ben's was entitled "Journeys Into And Out Of Ourselves" and Anna's "Our Imagined Futures"; both fitted the current situation perfectly and both produced some fascinating work. I was also able to attend the Gloucestershire Poetry Society's Crafty Crows evening where David Clarke was headlining, supported by my Women Aloud colleague Cathy Baker. On the page Cathy's poems, with their fantastic richness of language, always move me greatly, but to hear her reading them takes them to another level. A really special evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment