Sunday 20 November 2016

"Such things as dreams are made on"

If I thought life was out to get me last week - it definitely was this! Car problems, a nasty bout of some viral infection and an overlooked and rapidly approaching deadline. Fortunately the car is now sorted, the infection is clearing and I've managed (by a very tight margin) to write the monologue for a Christmas revue in which I'm taking part.

The very vivid dreams I had a few nights ago were probably a result of the high temperature from the infection. At Swanwick earlier this year I took part in a fascinating workshop entitled "Poetry From Dreams" and I've been keeping a dream diary intermittently since. One or two of the entries in it have yielded some interesting ideas for poems but a lot of my  dreams seem very mundane. I couldn't get last week's dreams down quickly enough though - surreal images were coming so thick and fast even in a half-waking state, trying to make sense of them from my bedside note book is an interesting challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment