Tuesday 17 May 2016

Croeso i Gymru! (Welcome to Wales)

After a busy weekend, including a lovely event reading with Penny Howarth and Carrie Etter on the penultimate evening of the Cheltenham Poetry Festival, I'm back in one of my favourite places in the world - Ty Newydd, the Welsh writers centre near Criccieth. It's my fifth visit here and I could never tire of the centre, the grounds, the fantastic surroundings; David Lloyd George (who lived in the house at the end of his life) is buried just across the lane on the banks of the River Dwyfor, there are sea views from the upstairs windows and the whole building seems to have absorbed the collective inspiration of the hundreds of
writers who have visited over the years. I always feel that it's an enormous privilege to be here.

Ty Newydd

River Dwyfor

No comments:

Post a Comment