Saturday 9 August 2014

Brave New World

... the theme of this year's Cheltenham Literature Festival, the complete programme for which is revealed today. I shall be scanning the pages and no doubt signing up for a lot when the booking opens later this month. A definite though will be the Gloucestershire Writers Network event on the evening of Sunday October 5th. The results of this year's competition (based on the Festival's theme) were announced this week. Iris Lewis, an ex-colleague from Somewhere Else, has won in the short story category with her superb story "No Small Thing" and my colleague Derek Healey from Catchword was a runner up in the poetry section. I was also a runner-up with my short story "The Drop", so will be reading at the Festival event. Last year's GWN evening proved a great, really exciting experience so I'm delighted to be taking part again.

Can't guarantee such super weather but can guarantee a terrific Festival!

No comments:

Post a Comment